VetsNet Position Available: Service Navigator
Position role: Assist veterans and their families to access a wide variety of partner agencies who can provide services, resources and support, with the goal of restoring resiliency, self-sufficiency and independence.
- Identify and triage veteran needs and coordinate appropriate service response through VetsNet partner agencies, including veteran service and community service organizations.
- Work as part of a collaborative team filling any service gaps in veteran assistance.
- Provide case management and follow up for veteran clients and their families.
- Offer support, encouragement and reassurance to veterans and their families in time of crisis.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive about issues related to homelessness, mental health and veterans.
- Aware of community resources and social service organizations.
- Maintain positive relationships with community and social service agencies.
- Provide support to clients in completing applications and other paperwork necessary to support management of benefits, housing or related areas.
- Timely responsiveness to inquiries, phone calls and emails.
- Periodic attendance to community events related to veterans and veteran issues.
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Human Services or related field.
- Two or more years related experience preferred in one or more of the following: veterans community, homeless population, mental health, substance abuse or with those living in poverty.
- Veteran status preferred.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to assess and respond to crisis situations effectively.
- Calm, patient manner and ability to maintain professionalism during conflict or adversity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect professional boundaries with clients.
- Conscientious case management, reporting and documentation and effectiveness in using technology in the intake process.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including lower SES, (socio economic status) families/individuals.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Demonstrated intermediate or higher level of computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Location: VetsNet, 6317 West Greenfield Avenue, West Allis, WI
Hours: 8:15 amto 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday
Forward resume and references:
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail to: VetsNet, 6317 West Greenfield Avenue, West Allis, WI 53214
Salary: Commensurate with experience